Monday, July 09, 2007

The Braided Bunch

I am not a belt person. I don’t like to make an effort to put a belt on. And I hate trying to figure out the intricate balance between being too matchy matchy and looking like I belong in the fashion spread of Lucky Magazine.

It is just too much work for me so I choose to avoid it and deal with saggy pants. All this ended when I found a perfect braided brown belt. I wore it with white pants and felt like I belonged in Banana Republic. I paired it with denim and everything in my life seemed to fall into place.

The braided belt seems to be pretty hot right now, popping up everywhere from Gap to Smart Set to Le Cheateu.

TIP:Wear it over a long shirt (nipped at the waist or 2002 style hanging low) or as an actual belt, loops and all. It’s a nice little update to the thick belts that we saw last fall (which by the way come back bigger and badder next fall). It also beats those skinny numbers I wore that would half disappear in my tummy fat when I sat down…arghghgh.

Get Your Braided Belt at:

American Eagle $27.50
H&M $19.90
Reitmans $20.00

No comments: