Congrats on the wedding! Yeah I kinda understand where you are coming from and how easy it is to be living in shorts and flip flops... I am all about that easy casual style. With regards to the basics of all basics, if you have the pieces I mentioned in the previous post, then that’s a great start.
Now what you want to do is add to this with some key pieces that are modern, up to date but not too trendy. Seeing as you are a casual girl, let’s get started on the pieces I think you might like for this coming season:
1) Plaid shirt- this piece can be worn casually with jeans or you can even dress it up by rolling up the sleeves and pairing it with some booties
2) Wide leg jeans- they were considered trendy but have been around long enough to be considered a staple. They are a nice update to the skinny and can be paired with fitted tops and heels
3) Oversized clutch- if you select a basic color like black or even red, you can pair this with any outfit to dress it up for a night out. The only thing I would be weary of is the whole going out to a club concept as you will want to have your hands free for drinks and dancing.
4) Long shawl/ cardigan- this piece is perfect in an off white color. It will match with everything you own. One word of caution, I would not wear it with the wide leg jeans lest you want to disappear in your outfit. Better to pair this with some skinnies or a pair of leggings
5) Leggings- yes, they are still around and not really going anywhere. Leggings work with long shirts, sweaters, dresses etc. they are best paired with those comfy high boots which leads me to #6
6) Comfy high boots- preferably over the knee. I would suggest a beige or a black pair as they will match with everything. Oooh, and picture this: over the knee beige boots (small platform or no heel of course, for comfort) with your leggings and the oversized beige shawl…ooooooh…
Ok well I think that’s it for basics of all basics for winter months with a slight update. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I moved to Costa Rica a few days ago and am just getting settled. I actually just got out of Spanish class and am catching up on all my Lookbooking.
Hope this helps with your shopping!
Where to Shop