Monday, June 18, 2007

The Fanny Pack

If 1993 taught us anything, it was the value of a fanny pack. Seen on everyone from 4 year old girls to middle aged men accompanying their family to Disney world, the fanny pack had broken down barriers between race, age, and social status. Then there was a backlash. I believe this occurred around the same time everyone decided to hate NKOTB. The fanny packs were shunned from society, pushed far back in storage or sold in the “sale” aisle of the dollar store.

Then Gucci graced us with their version of the fanny pack (we saw Sarah Jessica Parker wear it on a SATC episode and the crowd went wild). Coach also made their version, as did a few higher end Canadian retailers such as Rudsack and Roots. Finally, Aldo has decided this season to grace us with their version of the fanny pack.

I stopped in my tracks when I spotted it as I was window shopping. I had fallen in love (see below). I was ready to spend a whopping $59.99 on the fanny pack and being a bargain shopper that says a lot. Can you imagine my disbelief when the tag said $24.99?









The fanny pack is incredibly practical for those who love to collect purses but hate to wear them. I am aware that I am a walking contradiction.


Wear it with jeans and a tank for an effortless “oh this old thing?” look. Beware of matching it with the shapeless dresses and risk looking too frumpy.

Get your fanny pack at:
Aldo for $24.99
Roots for $88.00
Coach starting at $158.00

*There are other fanny packs out there but these are the most noteworthy ones in my book.

4 comments:

Life's a Wardrobe said...

This post made me smile! Love the blog.

Samantha Decker said...

This is so true...I used to think fanny packs were hideous until designer ones came out!

torreja said...

I have been looking for this one specifically, any idea what brand it is?
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/gabrielle-anwar-entertainment-weekleys-5th-annual-pre-emmy-party-LKYGqB.jpg
Thx!

Women Leather halter said...

I have been looking for this one specifically, any idea what brand it is?