Monday, October 08, 2007

Coveting Fall 07 Balenciaga

If there was any look that I have been coveting for Fall 2007, it is Balenciaga and his fitted piped blazers, ethnic scarves, and schoolboy charm. I (and many fashion magazines out there) would say that he single-handedly brought this look to the streets and the mass markets. This is the show that was a turning point for me in terms of fashion: I was suddenly able to embrace true Ready to Wear. I no longer just desired Michael Kors’s cashmere sweaters or Carolina Herrera’s white blouse…Nicolas Ghesquiere gave me the freedom to think outside the fashion box, if not for more than a few moments...Let us all agree that I cannot even afford the white eyeshadow sported on these models, but alas! My Canadian & American retailers can help me channel all this Balenciaga energy I have pent up. Enjoy!



Should you wish to channel Balenciaga, get the look here with various pieces at 1/10th of the price:


Clockwise From Top:

Fitted Blazer, J. Crew $250.00



Slacks, FCUK, $138.00


Piped Blazer, Joe Fresh $49.00


Striped Cardigan, Tommy Hilfiger $125.00


Striped Scarf, American Apparel $28.00


Argyle Sleevless Sweater, Smart Set $38.00


Belt $19.99 Sandals $59.99 both on Sale at NineWest.com

Clockwise from Top:


Scarf, Missoni (netaporter.com) $340.00


Pants, Gap, $49.50


Striped Blouse, American Eagle $39.50


Labmskin Collar, Nnetaporter.com $74.00 Sale


Striped Top, storealloy.com $22.00


Scarf, American Apparel $28.00


Fringed Scarf, Urban Outfitters $48.00

4 comments:

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love the jcrew blazer, the balenciaga collection is so stunning!

Sherry said...

Great look Trendini...can be done casual or dressed up for something a little more structured.

Othalia said...

Jennifer: you are so right...the j crew blazer is great, they have them in gray as well!!

Thanks Sherry! Yeah you can do either or...but both are very current!

Anonymous said...

Love the sharp lines of the Balenciaga collection. This is a fun look to play with in terms of accessories too. I love taking a nice sharp blazer and personalizing it with a wild scarf & some vintage bling. Bring back the oversize ladylike brooch, I say!